Re: firefox what was the fuss exactly?

I agree, the world online is as dangerous as the world offline.

The only difference is it never closes, and its always day, never sleeps.

Then again as it is in the real world even in parts of the globe where people do sleep at night, and yes in europe there are places where people are always up, even in places where people do regularly sleep someone is always up, and in some cases normal people are still up at nights.

For me bar resilio sync server, firefox has been as fast as it ever was.

And the layout of some pages is nicer than chrome.

I have gotten used to a download sound addon I use and don't need anything else.

So the biggest gripe for me is that forms in addon options do not work I also find the options page a bit slow to navigate and do anything in.

But as long as I don't have to adjust settings of any sort then its not going to be an issue.

On 15/11/2017 9:03 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Its no less secure today than yesterday. There are people out there who will find a way to hack into everything. The game everyone is playing to try to close every conceivable loop hole or way to exploit windows and other systems  will carry on no matter what of course.
Unfortunately if correct checks ad balances were carried out in the code to see if it really is a screenreader then why worry? In my view some of the dirty ways screenreaders have to use to get proper access to the data point toward those designing APIs for screenreader use as poor at their job. No hooking in and fiddling should be needed if they knew what we needed access to in a secure way.Sadly the world does not revolve around minority users and so we get the  last dregs of the cup of tea. Protecting idiots from their own bad practices is more important. users need to actually learn to be more careful and stop trying to pretend the world on line is more safe than off. There are some areas of town I'd not go after dark, and I do not expect a line of police there to stop me being foolish enough to do it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-