From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's
Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] that dll message that I was geting with nvda

Dynamic Link Library. Its code that contains windows program parts. They
have what are called entry points, they do things to data and then return
the modified data to whatever called it.

Hence the term Dynamic, as they do stuff depending on other stuff, Link, ie
you have them as part of code linked together, and Library as most of the
time the code block has many of the code routines in it each with known
entry points to do specific things.
That is basically it. The problems start when something assumes this
library will do something it fails to do as its out of date or changed or
corrupted, or is not registered with the windows system, which many need to
be for security reasons otherwise any old hacker could shove things in and
play havoc with the system.
Brian
Apologies for the very basic description.

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-