Re: QRead and automatic language switching

John Isige

The only you'll get it to work, I'm pretty sure, is to contact the developer and request the feature. In theory at least, it shouldn't be too difficult, since the language tagging in whatever format supports it should be pretty standard and thus easy to recognize. The trick would be to keep it and not have it displayed but sent to the synth/screen reader. But it doesn't seem impossible to manage at least. Whether he'll be interested in doing it is another matter, but I'd at least request it.

On 11/15/2017 15:16, Sally Kiebdaj wrote:
Thank you all,

I had a feeling that the language tags were being stripped but was hopeful it might be a setting as I would really like to be able to use this application. For now, though, most of the PDFs I read are bilingual and switch synth is a bit too cumbersome to use every other line.

If anyone finds a way to make it work, lemme know. Otherwise, thank you for confirming my suspicions.

Cheers,

Sally

On 11/14/2017 5:41 AM, Mallard wrote:
Hello,

I've also used Qread for years, but I don't think you can switch languages automatically, because the language tags that cause that to happen are probably removed when the text is parsed by Qread.

In actual fact, though, I've never really tried, so I can't be absolutely sure of this.

I'll test it and report back.

I have disabled the automatic language detection at the moment. I'll test and report back.

Ciao,
Ollie

Il 14/11/2017 00:11, Sally Kiebdaj ha scritto:
Hello all,

Have any of you using QRead also tried reading a document in multiple languages?

I am testing it out with a textbook that automatically switches between English and German when opened in Adobe. However, it defaults to English entirely when opened in QRead.

Is this something inherent to the program and how it presents documents or is there a setting I need to tweak?

Thank you,

Sally