Re: Windows OneCore voices and rate of speech

Greg Wocher

Hello,
If you go into windows speech settings you can increase the rate there. This will then cause the rate in NVDA to speed up too.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On Nov 17, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

Hello list!
Seems I'm doing something very wrong and need someone to enlighten me. ;-)
I'm trying to use the OneCore voices with NVDA. It works to some degree but even if I set the rate to 100 it doesn't get anywhere close to the speed I can set with Narrator. So I switched back to Espeak which, at 40 and speed boost, is about right for me.
So my question is, what do I need to set in order for NVDA to really make use of the power of those Windows voices?
Best regards,
Felix