Re: quick navigation keys do not work

John J. Boyer

I've been having trouble with quick navigation keys not working for months. They don't work in Firefox, but they do work
in Edge.

John

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 07:02:29PM -0600, Gene wrote:
Your description of the problem doesn't match the unregistered dll files problem, at least not so far. I've never seen such messages as not supported in the document described when this problem occurs nor any sort of irratic movement through the document. I don't know why the commands work in Thunderbird nor what the unregistered dll files might cause to happen in Thunderbird.

I'm not sure what to advise. What I'll suggest is that you put the quarantened items back, if you can, and see if things work properly. If they don't, you can try the procedure for registering dll files. Then if things are working properly, you can scan with a good online scanner and something like malware bytes and see if the same files are flagged.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] quick navigation keys do not work

Interesting things is that I can navigate fine within email messages in Thunderbird. H takes me to all headings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 11/16/2017 7:24 PM, Gene wrote:

You can try to register the items but the items may no longer be there. if they were considered threats, they may have been quaranteened. You may have to restore them from quaranteen and then register them again. But then there is the question of whether these are false positives or whether they have been infected. I would suggest scanning with something else after you restore the files, if that is necessary. A good online scanner might help you determine if Sofos (spelling) showed false positives or not.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] quick navigation keys do not work

This is how it goes, the best I understand it.

I ran a scan today, using Sophos Home. It removed a couple of things that it said were a threat. After this, I can no longer reliably use quick navigation keys to do much of anything, either in Chrome or Firefox. This is with the latest versions of both of these browsers installed. This occurs even with Firefox Nightly.

I can press h for headings, and it might take me to an edit field, or say that this isn't supported in the document, or take me to a button. How would I register again the dll's that pertain to web accessibility? This is the only thing I can think of that would be the issue in both browsers. Would a reinstall of NVDA fix this issue?

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live.
Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM services
that are available at no cost

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.