Worked like a charm!

thanks a lot,

Ann

At 05:41 PM 11/19/2017, you wrote:
Hi Ann,

To create a profile with no speech while you are in a particular program:

1. Ensure the program you want to create the profile for is running.
2. Press NVDA+n to open the NVDA menu
3. Press C to select "Configuration profiles"
4. Press alt+n to create a new profile
5. Type TT or whatever you like as the name of the profile.
6. Press tab once to "Use this profile for".
7. Press right arrow to move to "Current application TT" (or similar).
8. Press ENTER to create the profile.
9. Press NVDA+control+s to open the synthesizer dialog.
10. Press end to select "no speech".
11. Press ENTER to select that synthesizer.

Now, whenever this program is active, NVDA won't speak.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 6:02 AM, Ann Byrne <<mailto:annakb@sbcglobal.net>annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
How do I create a profile to turn off NVDA speech for a self-voicing program? In the buttons on the profile screen is 'trigger' and 'manual'. I want the program to trigger turning speech off.

1. Open the program (it is called TT).
2. Activate 'trigger'?
3. what do I do with the 'manual' button?
4. turn off speech with insert+s?

Then it isn't talking and what do I do next?

Rescue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ann

--