From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Options Please?

Gene,

I tried using the link you gave and Chrome gave me a security warning page.  It says it isnt secure.  Are you sure that is a valid Mozilla site?

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 11/20/2017 9:51 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know what the writer of the article was saying or had in mind.  Old versions of firefox have and will continue to be available but it makes no sense to use anything other than the ESR version at this time.  Anything you saw regarding Thunderbird doesn't apply.  I don't know if it matters, but I would suggest using the 32 bit version of the ESR program.  that ensures that you wont have problems with add ons that may only run in the 32 bit version.  Also, I suspect the 32 bit version may be at least a little less demanding on processor power, though I don't know that.  There is either nothing, or nothing that matters, that you can't do with the 32 bit ESR program than with the 64 bit ESR program.

This has nothing to do with NVDA.  Download the program from Mozilla.
Here is a download link for the American version.

Dear Group,

I am having help this evening in about 12 hours, to download and
install something to replace Firefox 57 as my processor cannot meet
the demand ot the new Quantum. That was supposed to read, of the new
Quantum.

I have a windows 7 machine.

I notice someone asked for NVDA 17.4, 32-bit version link to be sent
them. I have a 64-bit machine, but notice the link said Firefox 57
Thunderbird. Yet there was a number 52.4 somewhere in the email or
request. I understand about the ESR Version, or going with Firefox 56
as an option. However, I read an article stating that unless one
downloaded previous versions by November 10, they now have to resort
to the ESR Version; the article is by one Sarah Pulis. I don't recall
the publication title, but it comes from Australia online.

I live in the US and wonder is Thunderbird something NVDA produces
that comes loaded with a user-friendly version of Mozilla for blind
users working with windows computers pre Windows 10?

Should I go to the nvaccess.org link to download the ESR version or to
Mozilla? I did see the notice posted on October 31. A link was
provided.

Finally, is there a tutorial somewhere instructing blind users on
steps to downloading and installing a program to the computer via
keyboard?

Thanks for bearing with my lengthy message.

All the Best,

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...