Re: espeak

Devin Prater

I'd love the new Microsoft voices, but they're terribly laggy.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 21, 2016, at 8:51 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hi, Brian,

I like the David voice. He sounds pretty good--in fact, much better than microsoft Anna.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:@britechguy]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 6:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] espeak

Since I know there's at least one Windows 10 user that's commented here (and I think these might be available on Windows 8.1, too) you should definitely give the SAPI 5 synthesizer with either of the two voices included with Windows: Zira (female) or David (male).

These are by far and away the most natural sounding voices I've heard in my years working with screen readers. If you're a fast typist they don't keep up with you on a letter-by-letter basis, if that's important.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.
~ H.L. Mencken