Re: espeak

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Hey all,
In my opinion, Espeak is one of the better electronic synthesizers. It's a lot better than dectalk anyway, but having said that, I'm not that fond of Espeak, elequence, or dectalk. I prefer a more human sounding voice to read to me. It's probably best if we all remember two things.
1. NVDA is free. The screen reader itself surpasses the commercial screen readers in a lot of ways, and you don't have to pay a dime.
2. Other synthesizers are available for purchase. Codefactories vocalizer expressive and elequence is the cheapest package of them all and the vocalizer expressive voices are very good.