Re: espeak

I like max, I actually tried the ng varient and unless its just me or my speaker setup is set up different while there is a small improvement in quality I can't tell the difference.

On 22/04/2016 9:46 a.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Anthony,

I agree here. I've tried other synths and E-speak is the clearest of them all. I'm using the Max variant and it's very clear. Instead of complaining, we should be grateful for such a great screen reader like NVDA. Mick and Jamy have done a terrific job with it.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: Antony Stone [mailto:Antony.Stone@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] espeak

If anyone can suggest an open source synthesiser which is better than espeak, and which NVDA could include, then please suggest it.

Complaints such as "X is crap" without any proposal for what would be a better alternative, are rather useless.

Do people here really expect Mick and Jamie, plus the other developers of NVDA, to create a speech synthesiser as well as a screenreader?

By all means offer better alternatives to what is available, but otherwise please remember that this is free software, and if you don't like what it can do, there are more expensive alternatives.

Antony.

On Thursday 21 April 2016 at 22:58:24, Peter Beasley wrote:

As far as I am concerned, Espeak should be called C speak. The C
standing for crap.