Re: espeak

well thing is you would have to hear it to see if it sucks or not free tts is one that come to mind.
Another thing is the tt synth eloquence like synth for linux sold for 30 bucks but I am not sure if its an eloquence port or what exactly it is.

On 22/04/2016 9:21 a.m., Antony Stone wrote:
If anyone can suggest an open source synthesiser which is better than espeak,
and which NVDA could include, then please suggest it.

Complaints such as "X is crap" without any proposal for what would be a better
alternative, are rather useless.

Do people here really expect Mick and Jamie, plus the other developers of
NVDA, to create a speech synthesiser as well as a screenreader?

By all means offer better alternatives to what is available, but otherwise
please remember that this is free software, and if you don't like what it can
do, there are more expensive alternatives.

Antony.

On Thursday 21 April 2016 at 22:58:24, Peter Beasley wrote:

As far as I am concerned, Espeak should be called C speak. The C standing
for crap.