Re: How to interact with a pop-up window in Chrome

Had the same issue with 2017.3.

At first I thought it was an issue with chrome but now I think it must be that win10 has something 7 does not have.

On 22/11/2017 8:33 p.m., Nikos Demetriou via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi.
I am using chrome stable and canary on 2 machines.
One is running windows 10 and the other one windows 7.
On windows 10 everything works as expected.
On windows 7 for a strange reason, when chrome brings up a popup dialogue
nvda reports unknown.
These dialogues could be:
The dialogue to bookmark a page by pressing control+d.
A popup dialogue asking if we want to allow a website to send notifications.
A popup saying that malitious content is found.
Web browsing works fine on both machines, but I don't know what's different
on windows 7 and chrome dialogues don't work at all with nvda.
On windows 7 I am using nvda 2017.4 rc1.
On windows 10 I am using nvda master snapshot.
Nikos

On 22 November 2017 at 09:25, Brian Crabtree <briancrabtree@...>
wrote:

The Racing UK issue occurs when I have navigated to a graphic using G in
browse mode, then pressed enter to activate it. The graphic in question is
a video, which used to play with no problems. All I now hear is "Loading",
but the video never loads because the site has displayed the
re-authentication pop-up and wants me to input my password then click the
re-authenticte button to prove it is me.

I can use a find dialogue to get to the pop-up in this case, because the
word "reauthenticate" (which I discovered only through a sighted friend
reading it) does not appear anywhere on the original page. My question was
whether there is any more generalised method of working with pop-ups, which
would work where the pop-up wording is not unique and which I can use
without first having to ask a sighted person to interpret it.

Gene mentions using find or experimenting by other methods. What might
these other methods be? Brian