Re: NVDA will not start

have you tried to go to %appdata% and clobber the nvda folder?

Maybe a mangled setting.

I have had soundcards do bad things and need driver updates to.

On 24/11/2017 6:36 a.m., ely.r@comcast.net wrote:
First, I am relatively new to NVDA having worked with both WindowEyes and
JAWS. I have been a TVI for longer than it seems possible. At present, I
continue that teaching, but have started working with seniors, a group that
I am proud to say I am a member. NVDA is a real option for my age group as
many are no longer employed and don't qualify for many aspects of
rehabilitation services and many of whom are on fixed incomes that may
prevent them from affording other options.

I have been learning NVDA for eight months or so and find the transition
from other screen readers quite easy. However, I am stuck at the moment as
NVDA will simply not run.

I had used it several weeks ago and needed to get back to building skills. I
tried the usual things and finally uninstalled NVDA and reinstalled with the
newest version. The install appeared to go without a hitch and the default
voice spoke through the end of the process. Unfortunately, NVDA will still
not run even when activated from the program group directly. ,

I would love any next step suggestions to try and sort this out.
Many thanks,
Ric