Re: NVDA will not start

Angela Delicata

Hi,

I finally decided to switch fromJaws to NVDA and find it so good: I wonder why people always think of Jaws as the only option and don't choose this great open source screen reader... It seems really fantastic!

The good thing is: there are all commands available in the help menu, so every one can learn... And I think it does many many things: now it can be compared  to Jaws! It is even faster! The transition is smooth and have no problems at all.

And I updated to the latest version with no particular nuisance.

Thank you so much to the wonderful devs who make it better every day!

Sorry for my terrible English, but I wanted to thank you those who put effort on what they do.
Ciao
Angela from Italy

Il 23/11/2017 20:18, Shaun Everiss ha scritto:
have you tried to go to %appdata% and clobber the nvda folder?

Maybe a mangled setting.

I have had soundcards do bad things and need driver updates to.

On 24/11/2017 6:36 a.m., ely.r@comcast.net wrote:
First, I am relatively new to NVDA having worked with both WindowEyes and
JAWS. I have been a TVI for longer than it seems possible. At present, I
continue that teaching, but have started working with seniors, a group that
I am proud to say I am a member. NVDA is a real option for my age group as
many are no longer employed and don't qualify for many aspects of
rehabilitation services and many of whom are on fixed incomes that may
prevent them from affording other options.

I have been learning NVDA for eight months or so and find the transition
from other screen readers quite easy. However, I am stuck at the moment as
NVDA will simply not run.

I had used it several weeks ago and needed to get back to building skills. I
tried the usual things and finally uninstalled NVDA and reinstalled with the
newest version. The install appeared to go without a hitch and the default
voice spoke through the end of the process. Unfortunately, NVDA will still
not run even when activated from the program group directly. ,

I would love any next step suggestions  to try and sort this out.
Many thanks,
Ric

---
http://www.avg.com