Re: NVDA will not start

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I think also since you can also now buy training material to learn nvda word etc and more to come the blind foundations around the world are starting to take a closer look.

it also means they do not have to do any of that side of it like making up tutorials etc that i have seen from time to time from our adaptive tech people.

I love the idea that i can have as many copies of it and not limited. Plus some people the price of some of the sma for them in american dollars may not be 2 bad but in some other countries etc it is a fortune. Let alone the price to buy it.

Not sure if you sus out the amount of people that access the net every day with nvda but i have seen it over 45.000 people using nvda. But if there is no internet access or have the update feature turned off there may be even more.Check out the number of user here in the world at http://community.nvda-project.org/usersByCountry.html

I know here in new zealand if you check out our numbers it might say a max of 115 or some thing today but i know for a fact there are 750 extra copies on our library network that are turned off for updates. But they still upgrade it to the latest each year.

I know when i get the chance i also have when i send out emails say a link to the project in my signature and every 3 months say about the release of nvda on our telephone information service to the blind and email groups that i am on.

Word of mouth etc people are finding out.

Gene nz

On 11/24/2017 8:30 AM, Angela Delicata wrote:
Hi,

I finally decided to switch fromJaws to NVDA and find it so good: I wonder why people always think of Jaws as the only option and don't choose this great open source screen reader... It seems really fantastic!

The good thing is: there are all commands available in the help menu, so every one can learn... And I think it does many many things: now it can be compared  to Jaws! It is even faster! The transition is smooth and have no problems at all.

And I updated to the latest version with no particular nuisance.

Thank you so much to the wonderful devs who make it better every day!

Sorry for my terrible English, but I wanted to thank you those who put effort on what they do.
Ciao
Angela from Italy

Il 23/11/2017 20:18, Shaun Everiss ha scritto:
have you tried to go to %appdata% and clobber the nvda folder?

Maybe a mangled setting.

I have had soundcards do bad things and need driver updates to.

On 24/11/2017 6:36 a.m., ely.r@... wrote:
First, I am relatively new to NVDA having worked with both WindowEyes and
JAWS. I have been a TVI for longer than it seems possible. At present, I
continue that teaching, but have started working with seniors, a group that
I am proud to say I am a member. NVDA is a real option for my age group as
many are no longer employed and don't qualify for many aspects of
rehabilitation services and many of whom are on fixed incomes that may
prevent them from affording other options.

I have been learning NVDA for eight months or so and find the transition
from other screen readers quite easy. However, I am stuck at the moment as
NVDA will simply not run.

I had used it several weeks ago and needed to get back to building skills. I
tried the usual things and finally uninstalled NVDA and reinstalled with the
newest version. The install appeared to go without a hitch and the default
voice spoke through the end of the process. Unfortunately, NVDA will still
not run even when activated from the program group directly. ,

I would love any next step suggestions  to try and sort this out.
Many thanks,
Ric

---
http://www.avg.com