Re: NVDA will not start

john s

Rosemarie, I think it is strange that a disability tech couldn't install NVDA. If possible, you might have a sighted person look at the screen while you try the install.

At 08:28 PM 11/23/2017, you wrote:
Hi, Angela,

I transitioned from Jaws to NVDA in 2011 and haven't looked back.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Angela
Delicata
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA will not start

Hi,

I finally decided to switch fromJaws to NVDA and find it so good: I wonder
why people always think of Jaws as the only option and don't choose this
great open source screen reader... It seems really fantastic!

The good thing is: there are all commands available in the help menu, so
every one can learn... And I think it does many many things: now it can be
compared to Jaws! It is even faster! The transition is smooth and have no
problems at all.

And I updated to the latest version with no particular nuisance.

Thank you so much to the wonderful devs who make it better every day!

Sorry for my terrible English, but I wanted to thank you those who put
effort on what they do.
Ciao
Angela from Italy

Il 23/11/2017 20:18, Shaun Everiss ha scritto:
have you tried to go to %appdata% and clobber the nvda folder?

Maybe a mangled setting.

I have had soundcards do bad things and need driver updates to.

On 24/11/2017 6:36 a.m., ely.r@... wrote:
First, I am relatively new to NVDA having worked with both WindowEyes
and JAWS. I have been a TVI for longer than it seems possible. At
present, I continue that teaching, but have started working with
seniors, a group that I am proud to say I am a member. NVDA is a real
option for my age group as many are no longer employed and don't
qualify for many aspects of rehabilitation services and many of whom
are on fixed incomes that may prevent them from affording other
options.

I have been learning NVDA for eight months or so and find the
transition from other screen readers quite easy. However, I am stuck
at the moment as NVDA will simply not run.

I had used it several weeks ago and needed to get back to building
skills. I tried the usual things and finally uninstalled NVDA and
reinstalled with the newest version. The install appeared to go
without a hitch and the default voice spoke through the end of the
process. Unfortunately, NVDA will still not run even when activated
from the program group directly. ,

I would love any next step suggestions to try and sort this out.
Many thanks,
Ric

---
Questa email รจ stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus da AVG.
http://www.avg.com

John