Re: NVDA will simply not run

Chris

Did you try deleting the nvda profile folder in appdata?

From: ely.r@...
Sent: 24 November 2017 21:57
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA will simply not run

Until recently, NVDA was running fine on my Windows 10 desktop. I do not run it at startup but from a desktop shortcut, so the run at startup issue is not the problem. I can run JAWS 18 and Narrator without any issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and though I would get the “installed successfully” message, it would not run by clicking on the “run now” button on the install program nor from the desktop. I even went to the actual app in the X86 program group, and no luck there.

I just downloaded version 2017. 4 RC 2 and did an install of it after uninstalling the previous version. Again, I received the installed successfully message but again no luck. NVDA does not appear in the running programs group.

Rick