Re: Skype and NVDA

Well to be honest, I really hope ms keep classic skype even if classic skype is never updated again for those blind people mainly that don't care for any new skype releases.

I just tried the link and there is a clickable to click above the download but then its only for windows latest and linux, its a pitty that I can't get access to it that easily.

On 25/11/2017 7:25 a.m., John Isige wrote:
You can still get skype 7.X. If you go to skype.com and then pick
download, right above where it says "get skype" or whatever, in other
words the actual download link, there's a thing that just says
"clickable" on some browsers, in the latest Firefox for me it's just a
blank line. Hit enter on that and a menu will drop down and you get five
options, and one of them is called "get classic skype".

Not that I'm trying to get people not to use the new skype, but I didn't
find it all that exciting myself. I could get to most things with tab,
but there seems to be no documentation for one thing. As an example I
searched for accessibility for skype and got the documentation about the
accessibility option you can check, but I don't even see a way to get
into settings in Skype 8. So I'm pretty sure the available documentation
is still for Skype 7.

On 11/24/2017 11:15, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
We also have a skype english list if anyone wants  to join it there
and discuss skype and all of it's not so glory right now. Lol!

Go to skypeenglish.tffppodcast.com
<http://skypeenglish.tffppodcast.com> for more info and to get the
email address to send to to subscribe. Let's hope that skype does get
fixed as the version that is due out for my os is not pretty, and no
scripts either.

On Nov 24, 2017, at 3:31 AM, Angela Delicata
<angeladelicata@gmail.com <mailto:angeladelicata@gmail.com>> wrote:

Thank you, very kind of you to address my query.

Best.

Angela from Italy

Il 24/11/2017 12:12, Joseph Lee ha scritto:
Hi,
Once I get hold of the new Skype build, I'll test it under various
conditions to see if something can be done about that. If it is what
I think it is, then all the work has been done for you - it's a
matter of publishing a standard app module version of Skype UWP app
module (which can be done).
Cheers,
Joseph