Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] Im Auftrag von Quentin Christensen
Gesendet: Samstag, 25. November 2017 12:23
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] NVDA will simply not run

Good points, and indeed, something I will be looking for in our new site (still coming ;)).  Re mentioning things here, I do monitor the group, but I don't always catch every post.  I'm quite happy for you to forward anything you really want me to see that I haven't already replied to to me personally or to info@....

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

Hi could I make a suggestion?
The information about reporting issues and troubleshooting them etc, seems to be spread about on the nvaccess site and github site, and unless you take quite a lot of time to find these which can be hard for somebody new and when you have a problem, you might not feel happy about doing it.
Perhaps a step by step  problem troubleshooting text could be made complete with detailed info on creating a github account and the urls of the various bits like creating new issues and how to find existing ones, plus the info about log files and crash dumps and a very detailed explanation of how to attach files to issues, as this latter part seems hit and miss to me at the best of times.
This could then be a downloadable file in the same place as you get nvda.

That may also help with getting items reported  and flagged up more promptly than happens now, so would help developers to prioritise issues that affect more people. There does seem to be a  tendency recently to be critical of nvda but without anyone having actually reported the issue anywhere but here or talked about between users elsewhere.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-