Re: FW: [win10] nvda, and tutorials

Jenni Kent <jennipalmer@...>

I wish all addons had an auto updater honestly. but hey you cant always get what you want. It's hard for me to track my addon updates. I am probably running some out of date stuff because it says posted on the addon site not updated it would help if they changed that date to when the add on was last updated. Just a thought.

On 11/27/2017 3:21 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes already mentioned this elsewhere. It seems to me that over time this has become fragmented and a simple to follow way to report issues might have headed off the  bits of bugs that are in the current RC as more of the new users could have just reported the issues.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene New Zealand" <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2017 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] FW: [win10] nvda, and tutorials

Hi

I just went looking for guides etc done by users etc on both the community website and the nv access website do you reckon i could find them easily?

I think it was quicker for me to do a search with google.

I did go to the cummunity link but way down the page past all the other stuff there was a link to the https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/Guides

New users would not really have a idea to do that unless they were taken straight to that page.

I think I would rather just be pointed straight to the page from nvda.

I did also look under the nvaccess page as well i could find some info under the get help sectionot the guides.

plus the shop was easy to find. But I think maybe a couple of other sections could go there 2 to make it easier for people to find the type of info by people of the community.

.

Gene nz

On 11/22/2017 10:42 AM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi,

Just my take but I think this is a great idea to have that as well as
links to the accessibility central website is there is a myriad of
tutorials and information about NVDA there. Think of it as a one-stop shop.

Tony

On 11/20/2017 8:07 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi Quentin,
Any thoughts on this?
Cheers,
Joseph