people talking about different browsers?

It seems to be getting a bit confused/ing to me...

Antony

On Monday 27 November 2017 at 18:48:25, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

I am using version 57.0 64-bit and if I open the File menu, it states that
the Close tab shortcut is Ctrl+w, is it the same on your version?

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan
Beaver Sent: 27 November 2017 14:27
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] closing tabs under Chrome with NVDA

Not on my system, something is weird.

I opened 3 tabs under Firefox and ctrl+w closed all of them and terminated
Firefox completely.

I am running Firefox ESR.

Dan Beaver

On 11/27/2017 5:07 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Ctrl+f4 and Ctrl+w both close the current tab in Firefox, if it is the only
tab open at the time the browser will close. Chrome works the same.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan
Beaver Sent: 26 November 2017 20:34
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Well, under Firefox ctrl+f4 closes the tab I am currently viewing. ctrl+w
closes the browser. I have never tried using ctrl+w under Firefox before
now.

Under Chrome ctrl+f4 closes the browser and ctrl+w closes the current tab
if I have multiple tabs open.

Dan Beaver

On 11/26/2017 2:42 PM, Gene wrote:

What does control w do? If you have multiple windows opened in other
programs, what does control f4 and control w do?

Gene