Re: OCR with NVDA

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

If you aren't using Windows Ten, this feature will not work. In fact, with Windows Ten, for the first time ever, I was able to download a fully graphical PDF (image scan only) document with no embedded hooks at all and get about 80% of the information from the document to show up with the keystroke insert+ R.

As yet, this feature is not perfect, but its a darn site better than nothing.  Perhaps improvements will result in future releases.

On 11/27/2017 9:21 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hello all,

Although I have read the relevant section in the User Guide, I still
cannot seem to be able to read text that appear as image.
I arrow to the immage then focus on it with NVDA+backspace. Then I
press NVDA+R. After it says "done" I use the arrow keys to read, but
nothing happens. No text is read.
Is there something I am not doing right?
I'd appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.