Re: setting up winamp

Rosemarie Chavarria

I tried installing winamp from that site but I still couldn't get it to run. I guess I'll just stick to windows media player.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] setting up winamp

I know that there has been lots of responses already but  I too have often had difficulties installing various versions of Winamp.

There are  lots of versions out there and not all work well on Windows 10 at least.

Some version when installed  will not open mp3 files properly from File Explorer despite association and other weird issues Like freezing during the startup wizard when you select skins etc.

Generally I have learnt to only use the version of that can be downloaded from www.nimite.com

Essentially what I would do  is in-install the version of Winamp sshe is using and download the version from Nimite.

No guarantees  of course but this is the way I have overcome Winamp difficulties  of this sort in the past.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog