Re: NVDA 2017.4rc3 released #nvdasr

Quentin Christensen

If you've got the log from the install or when the new version first ran after installing - it will be one of those two times that the setting got changed.  Whether there is an entry for it in the log is another question (possibly depending on your log level).

It is an odd one...

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin

The same thing happened as last time but i know for a fact the following setting was checked called Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows

I just downloaded the RC3 release and this box was unchecked again as mentioned above.

I checked it after downloading it to see just in case. I know the setting was saved to start when windows does.

Come to think of it usually my level is set to debug but it was info..

What could be happening there?

I do not think there would be a log for it but can check.

Same details as before windows 10 Microsoft Windows
Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)

with a quad core machine 2 gig of ram and nvda 2017.4 rc3

After the update if i save the settings again it will not do it on the next reboot it works correctly.

Gene nz

Hi everyone,

They say the best things come in threes and now NVDA 2017.4rc3 is available for testing! Coincidence? Probably, but in any case, this release fixes performance issues in applications such as MIRC which draw a lot of text to the screen. For the full details of what is new, and to download the new build, head to: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-4rc3-released/

Kind regards

Quentin.
#NVDAsr
--