Re: NVDA 2017.4rc3 released #nvdasr

Bhavya shah

Hi Brian,
Did someone already report issues with combo boxes on the web now? I
am particularly busy at the moment, so I cannot perform any amount of
comprehensive testing to determine the extent of this bug and to
verify whether or not it is a regression, but what I have been very
noticeably observing with NVDA 2017.4 RCs is that certain combo boxes
just cannot be opened. What I mean by this is that when I press Enter
on such a combo box, NVDA announces that it has expanded, but when I
arrow around, I continue traversing the document in browse mode and
the combo box is reported to have collapsed simultaneously. Alt+down
arrow or object navigation also fails in helping me reach the items of
such a combo box.
Unfortunately, I cannot recall which browser I was using while facing
this issue on more than one website.
Thanks.

On 12/1/17, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
NVDA has several groups of pre-release versions, all publicly available
here: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

"Next" builds are "alpha" quality - new code gets added to these, which may
or may not work and may or may not ever make it to a stable version.

"Master" are "Beta" quality - once something has been in Next for a couple
of weeks and hasn't caused any issues, and it is felt it should be
considered for the next stable release of NVDA, then it goes into Master.

"Release Candidate" or "RC" builds and the final versions before the next
stable release. Essentially, once we release an RC build, if we don't find
any major issues with it, then the stable version will be released a week
or so later, which will be identical to that RC build, except for dropping
the "rc" part from the version number. If we do find an issue, then we'll
fix it one way or another and release a new RC build to ensure that
everything is working.

That snapshots page is always available and updated daily as new builds are
compiled (new Next builds might come out one or even several times a day,
Master usually every few days, and RC builds only just before a new stable
release is due - every three months). So essentially they are all public
betas, it's just that we publicise the RC builds more, to get more people
to try them to hopefully pick up any big issues before the final version.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Kevin Huber <kevin.huber1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi:

So what is the difference between a release candidate and a public betqa?
Kevin Huber

On 11/30/17, Howard Traxler <howard@traxlerenterprises.com> wrote:
And what is rc3? never saw this before.