Re: setting up winamp

hello.
unfortunately winamp does not support all types of files.
but for mp3, i think that the file is corrupted.
the only players which i know can open all of my files without need to
install separate codecs are kmplayer, vlc media player and maybe
smplayer.
i tested many players, but they need external codecs.

On 11/29/17, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:
Hi.

You should use winamp v5.666 with Windows 10.

When my friend built this machine for me, he had already installed winamp.
However, he did it incorrectly. I did not ask him what procedure he used,
but not only was the version not the latest build, but it somehow ended up
being installed into the wrong directory; one that my user account was not
supposed to modify with admin rights, so every time I tried to save
settings, they would just revert back to their previous state. I had to
uninstall and re-install the programme myself, and now it works great,
though it does crash more in Windows 10 than it did in XP (not while playing
though, thankfully). Make sure it installs into the program files\x86
folder. Then use Windows 10 file associations to set what you want Winamp to
play. I have it set to all audio formats, but no video files (VLC is the
master of all video players, after all).