Hi, Stan

RC3 stands for release candidate version 3. This is the release candidate branch. It contains code which is undergoing final quality control before an official release is made.

Robert Mendoza

On 12/3/2017 2:59 AM, Stan Bobbitt wrote:

Hello, you said, “NVDA …2017.4 is on rc3…” What is rc3?

Thanks,

Stan B

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of matthew dyer
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2017 5:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Which version should I install?

Hi,

NVDA 2017.3 should work for you.  2017.4 is on rc3 currently.  I  think you should be fifnd for now.  I have 2017.3 and it works for me.  HTH.

Matthew

On 11/30/2017 8:52 PM, Grant Metcalf wrote:

Greetings to all,

I am moving over to
NVDA from WindowEyes and could use advice on which version to install.

I am using a 32 bit PC running Windows 7. I have no plans to advance to a later version of Windows. I have a HIMS Braille Edge display connected to my Windows 7 PC as well as the HIMS Polaris notetaker which also could serve as a possible display.

What other information might be helpful in choosing the best version of NVDA?

Thanks for your help!

Grant Metcalf (also known as) Grandpa DOS

Email: the.gems@...

Phone: (650) 589-6890

California USA