Re: Question about Excel

Rick

Hello Chris:

Yes, Alt+H is the home tab. There is a cells group on the home tab, under which there are three menus. Alt+H, I takes you to the insert menu, which allows inserting cells, row, columns, worksheets, etc. To explore the possibilities, just press Alt+H, I and use the up and down arrows to explore. Alt+H, D is the delete menu in the cells group. This allows deleting things. Again, use the up and down arrows to explore. Finally, there is the format menu, Alt+H, o, which allows you to format cell height and width, rename workbooks, etc.

Rick

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about Excel

Alt H is the home tab, however, where does O take me? I like knowing the hierarchy of where in the ribbon I am going. This way I better understand the workflow.

nonetheless, thank you profusely for your help!

Chris.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2017, at 06:32, softwarethatworks@... wrote:

Hello Chris:

To insert a new worksheet, press Shift+F11. You can also press Alt+H, I, S.

To rename a sheet, press Alt+H, O, R.

Hope this helps.

Rick

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Question about Excel

I have been asked to prepare an Excel document which will contain several worksheets within the one workbook.

I have tried and tried and tried, and cannot find a way to do the following tasks, and hope someone can give me the steps.

1. How do I create a new worksheet within a workbook?

2. I know about ctrl+tabbing to move between worksheets, but how do I focus myself on the worksheet tabs, so I can right click one of them and select the rename option?

Yes, I've looked in the ribbon, but don't see anything which appears obvious for either of these questions.

Chris.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.