From: "Shaun Everiss" <@smeveriss>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 3:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some misstakes in new rc NVDA version

Well to be honest why do we bother to always update stable to the latest espeak ng.

In fact why do we use espeak ng at all, we should find a stable version of x synth and use it.

The only reason I'd even update the synth is if it became a problem or security risk

On 5/12/2017 10:33 a.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
We changed from using eSpeak NG 1.49.1 in 2017.3 to using 1.49.2, but for
those not using the Next or Master snaps, the RC builds (or the final
2017.4 when it comes out) are likely the first time they've tried it. So,
as Brian guessed, it's likely that the issues here are not specific to this
RC as such, but to the change in eSpeak version, since the RCs are a bit
more widely distributed. It would be good to get confirmation from Marco
though.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:57 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <
bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I got the impressing it was RCs in this series actually.
I have certainly noticed some strangenesses in Espeak on recent snapshots
since the last two updates of espeak NG, none for the better particularly
in English hence my work around mentioned in my reply.

I guess the most noticable is the way it says the word for in some
circumstances, making it into fur. Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'