Re: nvda 2017.3 and opening multiple applications

Quentin Christensen

Hi Marisane,

Firstly, welcome to the NVDA community and to this group in particular.

The problem you are describing shouldn't be normal.  One thing to check is whether your laptop is using any power control settings.  The always on one seems to be the best.  Any of the others often throttle the CPU back, ignoring NVDA and that can cause problems.

For your question about which version of Windows 10 you are using, press the windows key, and at the start menu, type "winver" (without the quotes" and press ENTER.  The dialog box will tell you which build of Windows you are on.

The Fall Creators Update is 1709.  Here's a wikipedia article with the different Windows 10 versions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Marisane Moruthanyana <marisanem@...> wrote:
Morning guys

I am Marisane from SA.

I use nvda as my screen reader on my win10 laptop.

I have just bought the laptop.

It came with win10.

I, before, used jaws without this problem.

I cannot open more than one application without nvda freezing.

It freezes and continuously goes unresponsive as well as even decides
to sometimes stop talking.

It is frustrating me as it is now my only screen reader to access
applications in win10.

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

May I also ask this question?

How does one know that one's laptop has windows10 fall creators?

Please help.

Regards
Marisane

--