Re: Question about Excel

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>

You might have not been aware of this, but when in your lower ribbon on a particular tab, you don't need to press your arrows 20 gazillian times as you said. You can move group by group on the lower ribbon with ctrl+left and CTRL+right arrow.
---
Christopher Gilland
Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about Excel

That‘s right. But by using object nav you can navigate much faster to functions where you usually press 20 times tab. Apart from the productivity aspect it gives you the possibility to easily explore and visualize the menu structure. Ofcourse you can combine object navigation with usual navigation to reach functions even faster.
Don‘t rely only on one navigation mode. There are always shorter ways from a to b.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 04.12.2017 um 14:23 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

You don't have to use object navigation in ribbons.  Ribbons are, in essence, menus that you tab through.  I say in essence because that is an oversimplification but that's the essence of what ribbons are.  they are fully accessible from the keyboard.  If a ribbon has menus in it, you will hear things as you tab like button and if you let text read and not tab to the next item before reading is finished, you will hear if the button opens a submenu.  use space bar or enter on the button and a menu will open.  In menus, in a menu program, if you up and down arrow in a menu, if you let items read submenu will be announced if you move to one.  The same thing will happen in a ribbon.  any menu you tab to in a ribbon is announced as a submenu.  Why?  Maybe its because ribbons are, in essence, as I said, menus you tab through.

Gene
Gene

Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 5:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about Excel

Press alt, then one time tab and then start exploring the menu groups by object navigation. You will see all cathegories of the ribbon start.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 04.12.2017 um 12:41 schrieb Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>:

Alt H is the home tab, however, where does O take me? I like knowing the hierarchy of where in the ribbon I am going. This way I better understand the workflow.

nonetheless, thank you profusely for your help!

Chris.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2017, at 06:32, softwarethatworks@... wrote:

Hello Chris:

To insert a new worksheet, press Shift+F11. You can also press Alt+H, I, S.

To rename a sheet, press Alt+H, O, R.

Hope this helps.

Rick

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Question about Excel

I have been asked to prepare an Excel document which will contain several worksheets within the one workbook.

I have tried and tried and tried, and cannot find a way to do the following tasks, and hope someone can give me the steps.

1. How do I create a new worksheet within a workbook?

2. I know about ctrl+tabbing to move between worksheets, but how do I focus myself on the worksheet tabs, so I can right click one of them and select the rename option?

Yes, I've looked in the ribbon, but don't see anything which appears obvious for either of these questions.

Chris.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.