From: "Sally Kiebdaj" <fiddle.pup@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to access Firefox notifications with NVDA

It calls itself an alert and I do get to it eventually by tabbing. Do
you still think it is a dialogue?

Thanks!

Sally

On 12/1/2017 9:13 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:
This is probably a web dialog. Not a notification. If you install the
last release candidate RC 3 of NVDA, then you can find web dialogs by
pressing o.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 01.12.2017 um 15:00 schrieb Sally Kiebdaj <fiddle.pup@gmail.com
<mailto:fiddle.pup@gmail.com>>:

Is there a hotkey for the alerts about logging into a wifi network? I
am currently in a building where the wifi needs a sign in after 10
minutes of inactivity and I can't figure out how to get to that sign
in page quickly and easily. For now, I am opening a new window in
firefox and tabbing around until I find the "open login page" option.

There must be a better way to do this.....

Thanks!

Sally

On 11/30/2017 11:29 AM, Gene wrote:
Do you mean stop redirection notices? Alt a is announced as the
allow command at the end of the announcement. If you want to turn
off the notification completely, I'll write instructions in another
message.
To tell Firefox not to offer to remember passwords, do the following.
New main steps start on new lines:
Alt t then o to open options.
After waiting a moment, tab once. You are now in a list of categories.
Start down arrowing until you get to security.
If down arrowing stops moving you before you get there, up arrow
once then continue down arrowing.
Once you get to security, start tabbing until you get to a checkbox
that says something like remember logins. Uncheck it with the space
bar. You won't be asked any longer.
There is no ok button in this dialog-like structure. Settings take
immediate effect. This is a web page in the browser and since you
are on a web page that mimics a dialog, do whatever you want to do
that you would do while on a web page after you change the setting.
That is, go to another page by using a book mark, close the browser,
etc.