Re: How to access Firefox notifications with NVDA

Hareth

Hi Ron,
You Most welcome,
Glad you've found it.
Best

On 12/6/17, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Hareth,

I found it; thanks much.

On 12/5/2017 4:28 PM, Hareth wrote:
Find the "releases link" in the page.
and open it to find the download links.
On 12/6/17, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

When I visit the page for the Mozilla Scripts/add-on, I cannot find a
download link any where. What am I missing?

On 12/5/2017 2:18 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

I don't know why this addon is not in the NVDA repository...

The address to get it is:

https://github.com/javidominguez/mozillascripts

Rui

Às 16:19 de 05/12/2017, Mary Otten escreveu:
Is there a reason this ad on is not on the official NVDA Adams page?
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 5, 2017, at 8:14 AM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...
<mailto:rui.fontes@...>> wrote:

Hello!

Here is the text of documentation.

If you have more douts, please say!

Mozilla Scripts
add-on that provides NVDA scripts for Mozilla
Firefox
• NVDA+A (desktop) or NVDA+Control+A (laptop) Reads the page
address. If pressed twice quickly, copies it to clipboard.
• NVDA+End (desktop) or NVDA+Shift+End (laptop) Reads the status
bar. If pressed twice quickly, copies it to clipboard.
• NVDA+F8 Shows a list of opened tabs. If pressed twice quickly,
shows buttons of tool bar.
• NVDA+Control+N Reads the last notification and it takes the system
focus to it if it is possible. By pressing two times quickly shows
the history of notifications.
• NVDA+F6 Brings the focus to the document.
Thunderbird
• In a message window:
◦ Control+Shift+(1-4) Reads the sender and recipients of the
message. If pressed twice quickly, opens the options menu.
◦ Control+Shift+5 Reads the subject of the message.
◦ Control+Shift+6 Reads date of the message.
◦ Control+Shift+A Brings the focus to the list of attachments, if
any. (These scripts are also available in the list of messages if
you activate the preview pane.)
• In the bar of fast filtering:
◦ Press down Arrow to display more options, enter to check/unchek
the selected option.
• In messages list:
◦ If the preview pane is active, press NVDA+downArrow (desktop) or
NVDA+A (laptop) to read the message without leaving the list.
◦ Control+NVDA+1-9 moves between columns.
◦ NVDA+H Displays a dialog in which you can change the order of the
columns in the message list.
Keystrokes can be customized in Preferences of NVDA > Input gestures
when Firefox or Thunderbird are open.

Rui Fontes

Às 15:49 de 05/12/2017, Sally Kiebdaj escreveu:
Hello Rui,

could you tell me a bit more about what this add-on does?

Thank you,
Sally

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Sally Kiebdaj
<fiddle.pup@... <mailto:fiddle.pup@...>> wrote:

Hello Gene,

I like the bookmark idea and will probably go with that.

To answer some of your questions:

It seems to be a series of buttons, I think 3 in total. I have
only ever heard the last two which say something along the
lines of "open login page" and "close this message,"
respectively.

Using brows mode to navigate by buttons doesn't work as these
buttons seem to not be in the main document. It was one of the
first strategies I tried.

For now, I think the bookmark option is the simplest solution.

Thank you!
Sally

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Gene <gsasner@...
<mailto:gsasner@...>> wrote:

I don't know anything about the add on someone else sent.
I thought of another solution that might be the easiest.
Go to the login page and make a bookmark. I can tell you
how to use the bookmarks search feature to find it quickly
and conveniently so you don't have to worry about where it
is in the book marks list. If it doesn't have a
distinctive name, give it one when you save it to make it
easy to find with the book marks search feature. Then open
a new page when you want to log in and use the book mark to
go directly to the login page. That may be the best
solution.