Re: How does NVDA read text boxes?

Martin O'Sullivan

here is one way of doing it.

This works because,once you are in a text box (or picture or other object) you can press TAB to move between them.

here is what you need to do.
1 Save the document, to keep any changes you want to keep .
2 Add a text box into a document by pressing alt+n, x, enter
3 Press escape once (so you are out of the text itself but the text box is still selected),
4 You can press TAB to move between the objects in the document (this wraps so if you press TAB on the last object in the document it will jump back to the first object).
5 Remove the text box you just added, by exiting the document without saving changes.

Text boxes are difficult for a screen reader to access.

--
Martin O'Sullivan
‎"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."  Hélder Câmara

"Act your way into a feeling don’t feel your way into Action" (Gandhi)
"Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi)

"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." (Elie Wiesel )
Tel: +353878289243
web: www.PeopleBeforeProfit.ie
E-mail osumartin@...
Skype martin_osullivan
Google talk osumartin
yahoo messenger maritinosullivanirl
Street address
APT 29 Falcons View
Blanchardstown Centre
Blanchardstown
Dublin 15
Co Dublin
Ireland

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:
I received a  word document that appeared to be blank.  Turns out it is a series of 15 text boxes of information.  How can I read stinkin' text boxes with NVDA???

Thanks