Re: efficient reading of messages in Outlook 2016 with NVDA

Mary Otten

Hi all,

I just looked at a brief document on the MS website regarding threading of messages in Outlook 2016. It looks complicated. I'm just wondering if there is a way to have conversation view and still get the benefit of efficient message reading. Advantage of conversation view is that if you have a thread that does not interest you, you can get rid of the whole thing at once. But then that would seem to preclude the ability to have a message open, delete it and automatically move to the next message and have it start reading. I guess maybe you can't have it both ways? I'd like to be wrong.

Mary

On 12/5/2017 4:34 PM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Mary,

I used to read e-mail this way when I used to use Window Bridge with Eudora. I no longer use this approach. It is easier to skim message summaries, open the ones I am interested in and then continue. Having said that, configure outlook to move to the next message and try the approach. This is an outlook configuration more than a NVDA configuration. Yes, how much of the e-mail header is read remains to be tested.

Pranav