Re: A Question about Obtaining NVDA:

Roger Stewart

And you can get an external USB sound device for about $15 or$20 that will do the job of speaking and system sounds just fine. You'll need either headphones or a set of computer powered speakers.

Roger

On 12/6/2017 3:06 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Most computers should have soundcards unless they are really old.

If in doubt atguys.com has a 15 dollar barebones one and you will need some headphones for it but still.

On 7/12/2017 8:35 a.m., Lawrence Stoler wrote:
Dear NVDA Users Group,

I am one of the many blind people who are unemployed.

There is a place I might be working for on a temporary basis as the
agency here in Connecticut wants to do a work assessment on me since I
have been out of work for a long time.

I have been an Internet user for over 14 years. I have used and enjoyed
NVDA since 2014 when I first became aware of it.

In addition to being able to download the latest version of NVDA, do I
need a sound card as it will be on a computer that has never been used
by a blind person or can I just download it from the website and go from
there?

Lawrence Stoler

?

.