Re: Windows 10 ADVISORY: you need to use NVDA 2017.4 if you want to install it on Windows 10 on ARM

Marisane Moruthanyana

Morning Joseph

This is Marisane from SA.

I posted a concern previously but without any assistance from colleagues.

I hear you that one must move to nvda 2017.4 for effectiveness and efficiency.

I use nvda 2017.3 and it gives me problems.

It freezes easily, goes unresponsive when I run multiple application
and when am on internet.

What is the problem with that?

Out of curiosity, what is win10 fall creators?

Your assistance is appreciated in advance.

Kind regards
Marisane

On 12/7/17, tim <z2004a1@gmail.com> wrote:
They mostly use that chip in tablets and some low end laptops.
On Dec 6, 2017, at 2:55 PM, Gene New Zealand
<hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:

Hi Joseph

What are these ram thing you are talking about? Is it like the processor
that they used on the RT versions of windows but modified?

Are they the ones found on window phones etc?

Gene nz

On 12/7/2017 7:30 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi all,

Another advisory/directive, this time a notice concerning a new
technology in Windows 10:

If you come across Windows 10 on ARM (always connected PC’s) and wish to
use NVDA on it, you need to install 2017.4 or later. NVDA 2017.4 will
recognize these PC’s as running Windows 10 64-bit, though performance
won’t be as smooth as Windows 10 on x64 processors for now.

Cheers,
Joseph

material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
<http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/>; Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the
NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations
(or location) is near to you please visit
<http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries>;
(Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near
you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/
<https://certification.nvaccess.org/>;. The certification page contains the
official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who
have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.