Re: updating to the latest snap, but still waiting for the update to finish

Brian's Mail list account

I tend to have snaps as portables, but at present am running the master branch as installed.
I find that if I get an error or lock up on a snap I often here the error sound, whereas the release version just stops working. This allows me to look at the log and see what is going on and raise an issue. If nobody did this a lot of bugs would get missed. You are right in that if you are using it to do important work you would not do this. Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 6:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] updating to the latest snap, but still waiting for the update to finish

just curious, why would you want to run a snap shot?
i typically tell people to run the stable versions.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 12:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] updating to the latest snap, but still waiting for the update to finish

Ok, I retarted my computer using the command prompt and all worked. I have no clue what happened, or why but I hoep what ever happened does not happen again. Any clue as to what went on? The update worked this time.

Take care

On Dec 6, 2017, at 9:55 PM, Sarah Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

I think I have a very broken nvda update. I followed the directions. The update downloaded, however I still hear the beeps saying it's updating etc et etc. I tried to close out but no joy. Narrator is not telling me much either. Running nvda latest snap on windows 10 pro..

Take care all.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.