From: Chris
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] links on single line

I am with you clare, 100% 😃

From: Clare Page
Sent: 07 December 2017 14:02
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi!

I always keep Preserve Screen layout on, not because I have sighted people looking at my screen, but because I don’t see any need to move between links with up and down arrows, when that can easily be done with the Tab key or the quick navigation keys k and shift+k, or even using links in the  elements list.

Throughout my ten years of using JAWS there was no choice in the matter, there was no toggle, but with NVDA I’m glad we have a choice, between what seems to me to be a more accurate view of the website and one which is simply there because other screenreaders have it, so many blind people feel it is normal or convenient.

It’s possible that my view is a minority one in the blind community, but maybe I’m not the only one who finds nothing wrong with preserving screen layout in web browsers. That’s why I like the toggle in NVDA: those who want to arrow through links still have that option, but we’re not stuck with one or the other;

Bye for now!

From Clare