Re: IMPORTANT COMMUNITY DIRECTIVE: to use NVDA 2017.4, Windows 7 SP1 or later is absolutely required

Completely agreed. OK, I do have an XP machine still, but it's definitely not my primary system, and I only use it mainly for old legacy stuff that refuses to work on newer technology... like my Alva Satalite display. I'd kill! to get that thing working on my Windows 10 machine, but every hack, and every driver I've tried, it just won't do it.
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] IMPORTANT COMMUNITY DIRECTIVE: to use NVDA 2017.4, Windows 7 SP1 or later is absolutely required

With respect,  This is a wrong perception. Updates nowadays are bringing more security and more functionality. It is more than important to keep everything uptodate. Support will stop after a while for what you are using and it will be harder and harder to adapt to new technologies. If you keep updating regularly, you will be used to learn new functions and it will be very easy to adapt to new things. In 5 years screen readers will be much much different than today. For those who keep staying behind, they will loose the path. Please be aware of that.

Best
Adriani