Fillable PDF Forms & NVDA

I could be completely confused, misremembering something, or, well, something else, but I could swear that I remember there being an NVDA command that one could use to get the name of the field you've landed in when working with a fillable PDF.

I was just trying out the IRS Form 1040 from the 2015 tax year, and could swear that at one point I saw somebody hitting a specific keyboard shortcut to get NVDA to announce the form field you'd landed in, e.g., last name, first name, etc.  In fact, I seem to recall seeing NVDA (or maybe it was JAWS) announcing the name of the form field you were landing in as you tabbed through a fillable PDF form as you tabbed through it.

Tonight I'm only getting "blank" when I land in a fillable field and I can tell I'm in focus mode when I land in it and am able to shift to browse mode via NVDA+Spacebar, but can't get any further in getting the field name announced then.

Is there a way to get the name of the field that you're supposed to be filling in announced so that you know what you should be typing?  [I realize this can't work if the form wasn't designed with accessibility in mind, but I thought the federal tax forms that you download from the IRS website had been so for some years now.]

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.
      ~ H.L. Mencken