Re: IMPORTANT COMMUNITY DIRECTIVE: to use NVDA 2017.4, Windows 7 SP1 or later is absolutely required

Lenron

well good for you never updating and never trying to learn new
technology. Hopefully you won't be forced in to doing so when all your
old stuff stops working as it one day will.

On 12/7/17, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
no, i dont think and its not important updating anything for me.
i found my goal in my life and i have many many extremely important
things to think about them and put my effort to achieve them!
updating and learning new technology is not important for me and is
not a goal in my life!

On 12/8/17, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...> wrote:
I think mine is the 584 Pro.

The thing is, first off, I bought the thing used, which I'm not gonna
complain, being I got the thing for $250. Being these things are normally
like, what, 16 grand? OK, some of the cells are a little smashed, but
it's
still legible. It could be way way worse than it is!

Anyway, about Win7, Really there're two things with NVDA, or for that
mind,
even JAWS, which stand up as a challenge. First off, I don't think a 64
bit
driver ever was created. Secondly, I mention about getting this display
used, as the guy who sold it to me didn't have a male to female serial
cable, plus, even if he did, my Windows 10 machines don't have serial
ports
anyway, so whoops, there went that idea.

Secondly, the company who makes the Alva, Optilec I think, isn't around
anymore, and, he didn't have a power cord. Fortunately, if you connect
the
display via USB, then it will bus power itself. God forbid you ever go
into
its setup menu and disable USB. LOL! I'm not about to be a guinea pig and
try it. LOL!

In NVDA, I've tried BRLTTY, but that doesn't work. I think I'd need a
serial
connection for that to work, and plus, again, I'd need the 64 bit driver.

Anyway, so, yeah...
---
Christopher Gilland

http://www.gshministry.org