From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2017 12:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] IMPORTANT COMMUNITY DIRECTIVE: to use NVDA 2017.4, Windows 7 SP1 or later is absolutely required

Hi Group,

I'm wondering if screen readers as we know them will even be around at all in 5 years.  Everyone in the sighted world seems to be going more and more toward very small tablets or even just smart phones.  I know a fellow who says I'm hopelessly behind and that he hasn't owned a desktop or old style laptop for over 2 years.  If this trend continues, what will become of desktops and how will screen reader companies adapt.  As of now neither NVDA or VFO are producing screen readers that work with smart phones.