From: "Adriani Botez" <adriani.botez@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2017 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] IMPORTANT COMMUNITY DIRECTIVE: to use NVDA 2017.4, Windows 7 SP1 or later is absolutely required

You can start narator by a simple keystroke. I don‘t see why it should start automatically by default.
Do you really thing NVDA is not pulled? Well, there is no screen reader in this world which gets more feedback than nvda. And I am so glad that nvda is community driven... It would certainly make sense for microsoft to implement nvda‘s functionality instead of creating a new screen reader. But nvda should never never be owned by them. And in no case by vfo and co. who try to gain capital out of a project like this.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 08.12.2017 um 09:22 schrieb Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com>:

Maybe the comercial readers are doing a good job being this.

But who knows, we have yet to see ai being part of screen reader apps.

Interestingly tts companies are being brought out by others for their use.

Inoetics which I use a lot well aparently on my next reload the voices I have may not work, you can't buy the windows voices anymore, all that is gone.

On the other point, they are now owned by samsung and for a new company that aparently has been round for 10 years with a few offerings thats huge.

It would be like nvda being owned by microsoft, gwmicro, or something like that.

I hesitate to have it owned by vfo as every reader which is not jaws would probably just be pulled but even so.

Imagine if narator and nvda were 1 in windows, turn on your system and you would hear nvda sound on your system by default.

On 8/12/2017 10:51 a.m., Adriani Botez wrote:
There will be new functions, much more productivity, much more user experience and so on. Screen readers will get smarter as well. We have to stay on the path to it, not to battle against it.

Best
Adriani