Re: screen review commands not working for me

Brice Mijares

I need to read the help manual to get a better understanding of these modes. I think I'm confusing myself by using the up and down arrow keys to look at a line, then use the numpad 8 to see if I'm on that line. ETC. Thanks for the help.

On 12/8/2017 12:38 PM, Gene wrote:
you must be in object navigation mode for these commands to work as described in the section of the tutorial being worked with
Gene
*From:* Gene New Zealand <mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...>
*Sent:* Friday, December 08, 2017 2:19 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] screen review commands not working for me
Hi
could i ask in what program are you trying to do it in?
On a desktop computer to go into screen review is the nvda key + 7 on the numeric keypad.
The commands given are review text or text review commands you can use with screen review.
Depending what you are trying to do you may need to route the mouse to that position? or activate a button with a object navigation command.
Make sure also your num lock key is turned off.
the other thing to is on the numeric keypad we can use screen review press the nvda key + 7 to go into that mode.
Using the nvda key + 1 on the numeric keypad will take you down the modes like document review I think it is called and object navigation.
the document review mode may only show in some applications. if it can.
using the nvda key + 7 will take you back through the modes if there this may change in each application to what it reveals.
Gene nz
On 12/9/2017 8:20 AM, Brice Mijares wrote:
When I hit numpad 8 to read current line, it reads a completely different line. Same with previous line, word or character ETC. The tutorial was called getting started with NVDA.

On 12/8/2017 10:50 AM, Gene wrote:
What do you mean when you say they don't work? Assuming the commands are doing something, what are they doing?
Gene