Re: a link that won't activate

Sally Kiebdaj

I would add one other keystroke that I don't think has been tried:

nVDA+enter

These links do happen from time to time and others here can give some possible reasons why.

Good luck!

Sally

On 12/9/2017 2:20 AM, David Griffith wrote:

If a link is not working with enter I try the following

  1. Press space instead of enter.
  2. Most reliably Press Insert F7 to bring up Elements List  and activate the link from there. This works most times.
  3. If this does  not work I press F6 until I am in the address bar and copy the page address and then load it in Internet explorer.
  4. IE is not a great browser to use nowadays but I have several times found that links that do not work under Firefox or Waterfox will suddenly activate when I load  the same page in IE.  The GiftGab Mobile Phone top up page in the UK is a case in point where several check out buttons do not respond with firefox or Chrome but will in IE for some reason.
  5. So far those methods have worked for me with difficult links, but if they did not I would further try the link using Narator in Edge.

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog