Re: nvda as an exe file

Chris

Where is uac ?

you stated in a previous message you set it at 0% now you are saying its at 100%

From: Joe Hunter via Groups.Io
Sent: 09 December 2017 13:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda as an exe file

saved the file and ran it from downloads folder and it ran untill it got to the first peace of music then it stated that it was upgrading previous versions of nvda and shows 0 were it stays at 0 with no progress. after trying to upgrade via the update and then looking at uac levels the levels show 100 percent sorry if I have explained clearly.

On 12/9/2017 12:57 PM, Gene wrote:

What do you mean by is blocking it?  At this point, we have no way of knowing what is blocking it, an antivirus program that sees it as a false positive or something else?  UAC is very unlikely to have anything to do with the problem.  Specifically, what happens when you try whatever you are trying?  Are you able to download the file but not run it or can you not download the file?

Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2017 6:44 AM

thanks criss but tried the exe file but my system is blocking it. My uac is at 34 percent tried to lower this to zearo but still blocking. I have a desktop running win10 hal or nvda. not quite sure what to do next?

On 12/9/2017 12:29 PM, Chris wrote:

Here you go

https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2017.4/nvda_2017.4.exe

save it somewhere for future reference 😃