Re: Request for comments: Should I record 2018 edition of Welcome to NVDA tutorials set?

Angela Delicata

Hi,

Please do it: I am starting to love nvda; it works great on Windows 10.

Thank you so much for what you do.

Angela from Italy

Il 09/12/2017 17:53, Joseph Lee ha scritto:
Dear global NVDA community,

After reading recent threads on various NVDA lists and looking at some
tweets, I find myself asking if I should do it again: record the 2018
edition of the popular "Welcome to NVDA" tutorials set. The thing is, there
are more superb tutorials out now, including NV Access's own Basic Training
module. I do understand that many folks have come to know NVDA through my
tutorials and some tutorials used mine as a reference or a guide.

For reference, the 2015 edition of this tutorials set can be found at:

http://www.josephsl.net/tutorials

If the community says I should record the 2018 edition, it'll be done with
some conditions:

* The tutorial will be based on a combination of 2017.4 and latest
snapshot features.
* I'll be using Windows 10 Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update).
* I will not ask for payment for this set; if you insist on paying me,
I'd rather ask you to donate to NV Access.
* If possible, I'll come up with a text transcript and a way for folks
to provide edits via pull requests on GitHub.
* I'll be moving away from Internet Explorer for browse mode
demonstrations, opting for Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

Below is a list of changes between 2015 and 2018 editions provided you say I
should do it:

* I'll be using Windows OneCore voices for most speech demos.
* Chapter 1 (Intro) will be expanded and re-recorded to improve
recording quality, as well as adding additional information such as command
line switches to start a portable copy after creating one and a note on
Controlled Folder Access.
* Chapter 2 (Basics) will go over more touchscreen possibilities, some
command changes (including copying the contents of status bars) and others.
* Chapter 3 (Objects and object navigation) will feature new examples,
especially more universal app examples.
* Chapter 4 (Browsing the web) will feature reading PDF documents with
Microsoft Edge, turning off single letter navigation commands on the fly and
elements list improvements.
* Chapter 5 (Apps) will feature new and updated examples.
* Chapters 6 and 7 (Configuration) will feature new settings,
including Windows 10 OCR and many others.
* Chapter 8 (tools) will feature content recognition.
* Chapter 9 (Add-ons) will feature new and updated examples, including
Remote Support add-on.
* Addenda may include a word on ARM64 support, development snapshots
and what not.

Comments are appreciated.

Cheers,

Joseph

---
Questa email รจ stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus da AVG.
http://www.avg.com