From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's
Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, December 9, 2017 3:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Request for comments: Should I record 2018 edition of
Welcome to NVDA tutorials set?

OK, 1 make sure the voice is slow enough for new users. Most of the
tutorials I hear on the internet are using voices running way too fast.
Next, I think that a little time needs to be spent in the snapshot tutorial
about how to use Github without going bald. I am not that thick but I still
find it cluttered and very hard to use.

Is Edge really any better for pdfs than Adobe? The big issue is as we all
know the clueless people who compile them with no tagging of content reading
order changes.

Firefox. Would you be using ESR or attempting to cover the new Quantum
version which even when it can be made to function is still like a duck with
a broken leg. OK in the water but tends to swim in circles a lot!

Also of course I know that you are about to embark in a major upgrade to
nvda to use a version of Python better able to cope with newer systems, and
this is bound to start throwing unexpected spanners into the air to fall who
knows where for a while, so its a good time to get folk used to diagnosing
and working around any problems by giving them a bit of a lesson in the
logic to find where problems might be etc.
Just my few penneths worth.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.