Re: nvda unresponsiveness

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi Kevin

I often use internet explorer as my browser.

Yes, I sometimes use firefox, but the problem is the same.

Although I am not 100% sure, I would like to conclude that the problem
is caused by the type of processor and the speed on my machine.

Why, because on my other laptop which use intel (R(core(tm)I4 with 4GB
memory, nvda respons very well without this problem.

My new HP laptop which gives me this problem use intel (r) seleron
processor at the speed of 1.6 GHZ.

Hope you understand.

Marisane

On 12/10/17, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io
<the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I only see this using firefox sometimes when arrowing down a page it
stops talking and you just have to wait I have the latest Sr of ff sorry
not sure what the latest Sr is but I got an update yesterday for the Esr
sorry I have said Sr it should have been Esr sorry.

On 10/12/2017 12:17, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Might you have too many AddOns installed? Try running NVDA without the
AddOns: For this, NVDA+qq, and a dialogue should come up asking you what
you want to do; among these options is Start NVDA without AddOns. See if
this helps, to see if maybe it's an AddOn taht's causing this slowness?

El 10/12/2017 a las 03:11 a.m., Marisane Moruthanyana escribió:
Morning nvda users

I am Marisane from SA.

I have, for sometime now, been looking for your assistance regarding
nvda unresponsiveness but to no avail.

I have recently upgraded to nvda 2017.4, but the unresponsiveness
still persists.

May I know whether this may be due to my laptop's using intel seleron
processor at a speed of less than 2ghz?

Does the processor type and its speed have any impact on nvda's
functionality / dysfunctionality?

What processor and speed should one take into account when buying a
laptop so that nvda may respond positively?

I am frustrated, because this happens only with nvda and not with jaws.

I use jaws demo as I have no licence for it to do some work on my PC,
but it responds very well that I do not have the same problems as
those with nvda.

If the processor type and its speed are the cause of nvda'
unresponsiveness, why only it and not other screen reader like jaws?

Your urgent assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

Please, please, please help, I am getting frustrated everyday.

I solely rely on nvda as my jaws is only 40 minutes.

Hope you understand.

Regards
Marisane